Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Smart & Innovative in Life, Stupid With Men

And so you can see from the title of the post, I am in a definite funk. I am sitting here amazed and doing some deep thinking today about ME. Here I am, a woman who is pretty damn smart. From a professional standpoint, I know my work well. I have a knack to think outside of the box, charm professionals and really make things happen. I speak with people and they offer me positions and want me to work with them because from talking to me, I am able to make them think and discover new angles. If I had more time and energy and my life wasn't so screwed up, I could probably be a very rich woman. One big company just took my advice on re-designing their software to make it more user friendly. They did it and they are already seeing results. in my pocket? I got a thanks.

So here's the question....a woman who can be so smart in the business world, who has such potential.....how could I be such a fuck up when it comes to men? It's amazing to me how I am such a poor judge. How when I choose, I always choose the playa. The one that doesn't want nor will ever want any kind of commitment on any level. Are all men like that or am I just finding the real winners.

I watched a show the other night about a politician on the west coast who was brilliant. She was a mover and shaker and pissed a lot of people off along the way but she worked hard for the people. In her trails, were three ex husbands and one soon to be ex that were all losers. Actually she was murdered and they weren't sure if it were the loser ex's or if it was someone she pissed off in her political trails. Okay, I am not going down that road, but so many woman are so smart business wise yet such failures with men. Look at Sandra Bullock? Oh I could go on and on...so what is it?

yes, I spent the morning crying. As I was working to reach a deadline around the world, the tears were flowing down my face. As I sit here and cry, a call comes in that I was asked to join an extremely prestigious group in my area of some of the most brilliant men (with a few woman) in the area. And as I was on the phone with the Founder...he said, he wanted to meet with me alone for coffee to discuss his business because he found some of my ideas truly worth exploring

I laughed so hard when I hung up. I guess I should be happy that my poor judgement in men does not flow over to my business life. Maybe I should just stay away from men for a little bit (yeah, yeah everytime I say that, the next one comes along).

3 comments:

J said...

This is not an answer, because of course you know you are the only one who could really have any answer. But as I read your posts, I have wondered if it has nothing to do with a specific taste in men, as much as that you are a thrill junkie. Not in all aspects of your life, only this one.

Cheri said...

You know J, I think you are right. In my "real world" I am sooooo responsible, so proper, so professional and then there is this thrill junkie who just chooses the bad boys. Ya may have something there...so what do I do?

Anonymous said...

Stay away from married men.

Technically, you're not married anymore. Just think about that.