Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Can I Live The Rest Of my Life Without the Passion?


I lay in bed rubbing my child's back and sit there dreaming in the dark. Listening to a love song on the radio, thinking about life.


More than anything, I would love to hear the sound of a man that I love opening the front door. The excitement that he is home. And as he peaks in the room, my heart skips a beat. I can't wait to kiss him and have him hold me in his arms. My heart is palpitating with anticipation of us talking about our day. Going upstairs after the kids are asleep and just holding each other and feeling complete. Teasing and joking while undressing each other. The passion is intense, the connection is there.


Sigh, does it exist? I truly think that it does. Can I live the rest of my life without such a connection? Everyone should feel complete. Why do most of us settle? So I leave my daughter's room and I come downstairs and realize that its just my work that awaits for me. Oh, my husband was suppose to put my child to sleep but he had disappeared. Actually I don't mind putting the kids to sleep. I enjoy the closeness we feel and the cuddles at night. It's the closest thing to feeling complete in my heart. And while they truly complete me and give so much, there is still that part of me that is yearning for the affection of a man.


Today, I was passing a flower shop....yes, they are getting ready for Valentine's Day. Outside the shop were three huge frogs.....they held hearts saying, Kiss me, I may turn into your Prince Charming!! I couldn't help but laugh....


Back to work....just needed to clear my heart a little....


Sweet Dreams!!

No comments: