Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Concussion and A Funeral With All My Secret Lovers

So wild how you think of the strangest things when something happens.

Tonight, I was really lucky. Without getting too specific..... I was carrying my child, tripped over something and lost my balance. In an effort for her not to get hurt, I got hurt. I fell into a glass table face first. Thick glass (about an inch thick)...it hit directly on my cheek bone and it flipped over and smacked me on the head.

Still as a mom, I had made sure my child's head was safe....and I (after smashing my face because I don't remember exactly) I passed out. Waking up to my concerned children, I am lucky that I didn't cut my face and I don't think I broke my cheekbone BUT I certainly could have done a lot more damage (broken teeth, broken nose).

Well, the long and short. I have a concussion. I was dazed for over an hour and can't exactly remember the whole event. And to sum it up.... my hubby lied when I asked where he was (he was getting food) and well he was a little concerned at first when I called because I was a wreck..he made sure he finished ordering his food and then came home (I won't mention that I had cooked food and had it waiting for him on the stove. And I am a damn good cook, it was a sausage, tomato, oil, garlic with vegetables over pasta).

Mr. Podcaster.....thank you baby. He was so concerned. He helped me check my symptoms...I thought I had a concussion but wasn't sure. And after reading it, I had them all. He was so sweet and caring....such a good friend he is.....

And Mr. Lawyer. Interesting....I asked him if he would mind a girl with a purple cheek, bump like a bowling ball and concussion? He said what happened love? I told him. An hour later, no response. Interesting. I text back, going to sleep now. He says Hope your okay love!.

Now, you know what. I truly never belly ache. I roll with all the punches....and tonight. I was fucking scared. Hello?!?! I woke up on the floor, dizzy, confused, a huge bump on my head and I couldn't talk because my cheek was killing me. My head was spinning and I could have really hurt my kid.....I was petrified. Can't a girl get a little sympathy? Can't a guy in her life just be a little concerned? It amazes me because I know I would be concerned if it happened to my husband or to Mr. Lawyer.

I do remember screaming at my husband when he got home and I found out he stopped for food. We are so fucking over.....and I went upstairs to lie down. Mr. Lawyer, didn't expect a lot from him but he was so attentive (texting me and calling over 18 times yesterday) so when I am really hurt....I expected a little concern (not like I stubbed my toe).

The funny thing, while I was lying there. I was thinking how my blog buddies would never know if something really happened to me. You are all an important part of my world, yet if I disappeared or if you disappeared....we could go away untraced. Kind of sad.

About a month ago, I was talking to my girlfriend about this. I told her that all the frogs numbers are on my cell phone under a code and that there were some in a drawer. If anything happens to me, call them all. I want all the frogs at my funeral. Set up a special section for them...how funny would that be. All the frogs meeting...they can each tell about their experiences with me (hee.hee) okay, I am kidding about the eulogy part. But I would love them all there to bid me farewell. What a way to go out!! A room full over Secret Lovers!!

All right, this bump on my head is obviously getting to me. I do feel better but I better go to sleep now. I am nervous what my face is going to look like in the morning.

Sweet Dreams!!

5 comments:

Hale McKay said...

Poor baby! I would kiss your boo-boo if I were there. Of course, I doubt if I could stop there, kissing other places in case they hurt too.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

scarlett said...

Oh sweetie, glad to hear that it was just cuts and bruises and nothing serious.

You take care of yourself and get better.

-scarlett

Speakin' My Mind said...

Sweetie...rule 1 of a concussion or possible concussion...do NOT go to sleep. You better get your ass to the doctor...any of them...and get checked out...no for a concussion.

Let us know how you are doing.

Thanks.

*hugs*

Percy said...

Yes, listen to speakin'.. get checked out for the concussion.
Glad you are OK.

Hale McKay said...

I should not have so light of this, without also offering the same advice. A concussion can be a serious thing. A clot is always possible. You really do need to get yourself checked out.