Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A Lesson Learned From a Very Dysfunctional Frog

Do you believe in signs? Do you believe in angels? I do. I know you may laugh but if I look at the signs...what may hurt now, can turn out to be the best thing down the road. I mentioned the guy who I almost married who turned out to be a child molester (his own--ugh). I swear my grandmother (who had just passed away) had pulled me away from him.

And with Mr you Win! There was a dark side. Here's an interesting fact..I didn't like his lips. something about someones lips when they are so damn tight. Not relaxed at all...they seem like this person is a time bomb ready to explode.

I guess I am bewildered by people when they do things that I can't even fathom doing. I don't know what his game plan was. He actually never went back to the site after this all happened. I think that he is used to being in total control. Controlling everything. With me, it was trying to figure out what would make me tick. He did and he ran with it.

He had a mission, he had a goal. His goal was to make me happy. He mentioned it quite a few times.....he was determined to make this soldier happy. And then I think back, when I would say something nice (like when he was having a bad day and I just was myself) he would say...you will be greatly rewarded for your loyalty. Interesting choice of words.

Well, gotta tell ya. I felt duped! But I am 100% bounced back. I really wasn't crazy about him per se. I was crazy about the way I felt. Crazy about how great he made me felt. Crazy about how special he made me feel. That was nice.

So what did I learn from this Dysfunctional Frog?
I learned that I do want to find that someone who can make me feel special. I learned that when I do find that special someone, he will be more than enough for my heart and soul. I also learned that it doesn't take as much as I thought it would to feel complete.

Back to regular life...back to the chaos of work...back to normalcy.

Again thank you all for caring so much. It feels so wonderful to know there are people who care about me (especially when I am down). And thankfully, after two days of licking my paws and feeling sorry for myself...I bounced back. Woo Hoo!!! That was a fast one!

2 comments:

scarlett said...

Glad to hear that all is well in "Cheri Land." ;)

Cheri said...

Like a rubber ball, I bounce right back up! I am getting much better at this heartache stuff
Thanks Scarlett! XOXO