Monday, May 18, 2009

Facebook-That crush from High School

I had to giggle just now. Facebook had brought back so many memories for me...but surprisingly I am finding out so many things that I just never realized back then.

I have been IMing with a friend that I had known when I was 8 all the way through high school. He was a nice guy...we used to call him grasshopper because he had a green shirt and pants that he had once worn. LOL name just stuck. He was not popular (how stupid that is now...) but he was a really nice guy. In High School, I never stuck to that Popular and not popular thing. I talked to people because I liked them. My friends were an interesting mix of Honor students and the Bad Boys.

Well now 30 years later, I find out that he had such a crush on me growing up. He never told me just lived with it. I find it so amazing how these guys who had crushes on me are coming out of the woodwork and I was so oblivious to it. He said he didn't have a chance with me so he would rather be my friend. Hmm...how could I be so blind? I guess I just accepted our friendship and never knew the real feelings he had. If I only knew the things I knew today.

I am having a rough day today. And he IM'd. Instead of texting, I said call me. And so he did. We could only talk for a few minutes because I was picking up my son but we did hear each others voices....a smile came to my face. One I needed so badly. And then he said something that shocked the crap out of me.....WOW, this is the first time I am speaking to you ever on the phone. I was taken back by that.... we never spoke in High School? I wish, he said. It was as if today was a special day for him. I giggled. Oh stop it! What I would have done to talk to you on the phone. REALLY? How strange that is....I sooooo never thought of myself as that.

And then the little sadness.....so what has become of me? How I wish I knew that I was so popular back then with the gentleman. And then the thought, what about now.....did I miss the boat again? Has my time come and gone?

Just some quick updates.......Mr. Porsche....I am not contacting him today. I always call on Mondays, I want to see if he gives the effort. On Friday, he didn't seem to want to talk to me...rough week. And well, its looking like he feels the same today. I know he's busy but I am puting some space inbetween us.... And I had a weak moment...I was passing Paradise and the flashbacks of MM and I came flowing back...I called the batphone to see if it still was connected. I left a message just saying hi, hope all is well.

And now what? I haven't been sleeping well.....I think I am starting to twirl into a little bit of a depression. Make a move or live like this. I confess...thank God for my children or well, I am so sad right now, who knows what I would do. I wish I could runaway for a little bit but I can't. Something is going to break....not sure what but I can't go on so sad. Life is passing me by as if I am trapped in a life sentence.

Oh to go back to High School knowing what I know now.....sigh

5 comments:

Rina said...

Um, DO THE GRASSHOPPER!!!!!!!!!!!! You KNOW he'd be for it.

JFBreak said...

Yea, the Facebook thing is interesting. I have only toyed with it due to being pestered by my older brother. He is going back and reliving his lost youth by catching up with all the friends he knew 30-40 years ago.

I have been contacted by two or three people from my past that had otherwise been long forgotten. Amazing. One friend request came from one of those untouchable cheerleader types. Someone I would have only admired from afar, knowing that I could have never stood a chance at a date.

It is funny to me how, not too many years after high school, things status (or perceived status) just seems to fade, but not always for those of us on the lower end of the totem pole.

It is with that thought that I say follow the advice of Mama Bear: Do the Grasshopper!

Queen Ann said...

Hello Cheri! I just found your blog a couple of days ago from Riff's site. My goodness girl! I could be here weeks reading from the beginning til now. So far I've just skipped around, but it sound so very much like my life!!! I've had affairs for the last 16 years for the same reasons you are. It's a tough life ain't it? Your blog made me laugh at all the similarities. You make me feel normal! I'm going to keep reading till I catch up. I curtsy to you for your stamina!

HoneyScan said...

time do change... i dont know about affairs... it's just not me... i know its kinda tense... somehow being bad feels so good.. but i have a family... somehow being bad is like showing to my children to do the same which is not good.... just a taught...

Cheri said...

LMAO!!!!!! LMAO!!!! OH MY GOD!! I never laughed so hard.....Do the grasshopper!!! How fucking hilarious you all are!!

I literally laughed out loud when I heard that as i pictured some Chinese philisopher sitting there with those lomg skinny moustaches saying.... Aaahhh...it be wise to do the grasshopper!!!

Too hilarious....

Hey Queen Anne....glad you like the blog...welcome!! I like to hear that I am not alone out there.....A curtsy back my dear!!!