Wow! And to think I just went to work and to my kid's school for a Halloween Party!!! With all that I write about it's the Halloween costume remark that brought out such cruel statements.
Thank you all who came to my defense. Everyone is entitled to their opinion-I respect that. Funny with all my blogs--I've never called anyone a vicious name.
My blog is my diary, my life. If you don't like it, please don't come here. Yes, I have cheated. Yes, I have used it as an escape to survive. And Yes, I am not proud of it. Funny two years ago, it would have been me thinking how horrible it is to cheat on your spouse. But life takes funny turns and unless you have come to them....you will never know which road you will take. Because I would have never chose this one (or so I thought).
But all I am going to say is: "Do Not Judge A Man Till You have walked a mile in their shoes"!
And trust me, you don't want my shoes to walk in. I don't say that as a drama statement just a fact.
So did you say such harsh words to hurt me? congratulations, you did! I hope it made you feel better.
11 comments:
Well said Cheri. You articulated your point perfectly, and there’s no question that while some might disagree with you; there is no reason for them to be mean.
Their choice of words was obvious and intentional: to hurt you; and that is just wrong.
I’ll say it again; there is a lot that none of us can or will ever know about you, and it’s wrong for anyone to be judgmental based on assumptions. What we do know about you is clear: you’re a good person, you’re a loving mother, you’ve got a kind heart and have a palatable incompleteness about you which has driven you to find some passion to fill a void.
I, and many of us will not judge you because we’re sympathetic to the fact that there must be a really good reason why you’re searching for “Mr. Married Prince Charming.”
You’re a good person Cheri, kind hearted and yearning to experience the passion you deserve. We only live once in this life, and as long as no one is hurt in the process your life is yours to live as you please; and no one has the right to hurt you with harsh words.
Especially since we don’t know the whole story.
Don’t feel bad about the harsh words. Just try to find some happiness.
SteveR
Cheri -Wow, I just read the comments on the previous post, and I can't believe the utter nerve of some people! As one also currently walking down my own "secret lover's lane," so to speak, I feel compelled to say in your defense that those people have no right to leave such rude and hurtful comments on your blog. Who are they to judge anyone, anyway?
What I don't understand is, if they think the choices you make are so awful, why the hell do they read this blog in the first place?! And how'd they find it? I'd like to know what exactly they were searching for in the blogosphere that led them to your blog (perhaps their interests are actually more prurient than they would like us to believe...).
"Illegitimati non carborundum est!"
Thanks Steve...your words mean a lot. I know I am a good and giving person. And you are right, I have a right to live as I want...it is my life. Words can be so hurtful...and yours are so comforting..thank you.
MAd Queen Bess- Hey sweetie!! I thought that too, how did they get here and just leave if you aren't happy with what you see. There are many times I come upon a site that is not my taste or beliefs..I just move on...everyone is entitled to freedom of speech espcecially on their own blog.
Chin up, Cheri. You have nothing for which to be ashamed.
I left a lengthy comment on the previous post about this matter.
xoxox
Wow, I'm behind on things. Worms coming out of the woodwork. Must be that time of month, or as someone else mentioned - a certain phase of the moon.
Sometimes it is hard to read people negative comments no matter how strong you are.
Its just draining and just a put down.
What I would do was just take a short break just away from the blog. Take a breather and then just get up on the horse again.
This is part of life and it will pass.
Cheri
The critical posters failed to read through your prior posts about your husband and don't understand the loveless relationship, his lack of attention to anything you say, the forged signatures, the bounced checks . . . . the list goes on and on.
Obviously this incident in the midst of a strong relationship is no reason to cheat. But this incident is yet another infuriating bit of evidence that he has no regard for you.
Cheating is not something you are proud of, but it is the right thing for you. For where you are.
You are doing the right thing.
Marathoner55, Chicago
Cheri,
Keep your head up! You are a bright and wonderful woman and mother. You "true" readers and blog "friends" know what you are going through. Go get a nice cup of iced coffee and have a great day! (((HUGS)))
PS - How funny...my word verification was "efling"
My point to all of this is (and it may be a moot point but here it is anyway)that if hubby is such a disapointment in every other area of life, and major areas at that, I for one would have been surprised HAD he gotten the costumes down from the attic. Why think you can rely on him for ANYTHING? Why get upset over this when his track record sucks so bad on the big things...just par for the course it looks like to me. Should you be upset? Technically yes. BUT this is your hubby we're talking about...nothing should surprise you or upset you anymore.
Don't expect anything from this guy. Do everything yourself girl.
Put no emotional investment or expectations in him whatsoever.
Hang in there!
W
ncballer4u2play@yahoo.com
You're a better person than I am, Cheri. I'd've deleted that comment and the related, similar ones with extreme prejudice.
Joe
Cheri, I'll gladly support you so I must have a half a brain as your detractor so stated. Apparently he has all of his and still has to amuse himself/herself by trashing someones person to make them feel better about themselves. We all have our crosses to bear and situations to tolerate. If it weren't for the release we find here, we may have it worse. Take care my sweet lady. And hey, was that a turkey I saw Joe choking in the previous comment? I thought he just choked chickens! Kisses.
Post a Comment