Monday, November 13, 2006

Controlling Men


Now, this cartoon killed me. It brought tears to my eyes. Talk about hitting a funny bone. I love it. Is it just me or is it totally hysterical (thanks Hale!)?


What is it with controlling men? I guess the big question is what is it with me and controlling men? I don't know if control is the right word. Macho? Egotistical? Disciplined? Yeah, I think that about covers them.

Man 1- Today, I had to tell someone that I could not do some consulting work for him due to a possible conflict in interest with a present client. Hmmmm....it was as if I never said it. "We will meet for lunch and discuss possible plans". This is a very powerful man in his field. Very, very...the best at what he does possibly on the East Coast. He has been described as cold, difficult--I think the fact that I ignore his success and talk to him like it is...is what draws him to want to hire me. I also make him laugh. Or is it that he just wants something he can't have? Well that was Man #1.

Man 2- Tadpole- For the first time....I felt like Tadpole let me in. Told me something he hadn't before and it really meant a lot to me. As I tried to get him to elaborate on it...he slammed the fucking door in my face. Shut closed, solid. Actually this was the first time that I really think I got mad at him (and he was truly getting mad at me). I can change what is bothering him and he seemed to get pissed when he realized that he let me in for a second. RRRRRRR.......MEN!!!

Man 3- The New Mr. Fireman. Yes, this one is a winner. We actually had a great conversation today on IM and on the phone. He's funny, witty, charming and sensual too. Not over the top in the slightest. Actually another man who won't give me a damn inch.

Sending him my pix, I was hoping that he would say something ...like you are attractive, hot, a dog.....something. Nothing except I got them thanks. Hmmm...I was fishing for a reaction and he was just letting me squirm..he just started to laugh. Back and forth flirting and baiting each other all day--teasing each other...it was actually a lot of fun. we are going to possibly meet on Friday for coffee. when I suggested coffee, he didn't answer. did he expect me to fuck him? Hmmm...I have never seen him, the conversation has dabbled in flirting....was he gone after the coffee comment?!?.

So, I asked him straight out....did the coffee throw you a little. "did you think we would screw on the first meeting. Is that what other girls do when you first meet them, you get a room?"

He answers.... "not a room, in the car."
"well honey, you should go back to Ashley, there are plenty of girls that may do that but I am not one of them" I said
"Do you know which ones are?" he said (okay I am getting a little bothered)
"Nope but I can ask my gentleman friends which ones...some you may need bags for their heads but hey, they got mouths". I said
"That would be great....find out for me. As long as they aren't double baggers."
"Sure, I will ask when I get the next Ashley message which should be any minute now" I said starting to really get annoyed....this guy keeps going and while I think he is kidding, I am not 100% sure.

"You are great. Such a good friend"
"What are friends for?" Steam is coming out of my head now...but I am keeping it together.
"Friends are for more than that" he said "friends are for talking and sharing your day and sharing that some special time together. Friends are for more than just a roll in the hay. You know I'm looking for a friend".

"You know you were starting to piss me off?" I said
"I know...but we are both very stubborn and neither one of us were going to step down".he said

The phone conversation was fun and we definitely connected. A match of flirting wits. A definite tug of war game. He searched for my hot buttons, I searched for his. Teasing and flirting. I like that he has had two affairs before which both lasted over a year. Shows he can handle more than one night. Shows he can get close to a person. Interestingly, he still talks to both the women. Why aren't you with either one of them? I asked. "I choose not to be" was his reply. Interesting..


Okay, now I know this is a little strange but he looks like Mr. Government, he acts like him (like at the beginning when we first met), he sounds like him (a little scary) and he is even going back to school for this other career which Mr. Government dabbles in. Jokingly I said to my girlfriend..if I didn't know better, I would think I was being set up. At one point, I closed my eyes and it sounded so much like him. Could it be his brother? He has 4. Now that would be real crazy. Oh well...time will tell. I hope its NOT one of his brothers.

1 comment:

Percy said...

Mr. G's brother!?
wow wouldn't THAT be something.