Monday, October 08, 2007

The Lunch Meeting In a Helicopter?

A few weeks ago, I was cleaning out my Ashley Madison account. Even though I am very happy and content with both Mystery Man and DigEm, I like to just look and read the profiles. This guy sounded interesting and wrote a really nice note. I wrote him a note saying, hey, can I put you on my favorites list for maybe down the road?

He wrote back, we exchanged pix and he wanted to meet..I explained that I am involved right now and it would just be a friendly lunch.

He wanted to take a dinner and dance cruise or go up in a helicopter and fly to another town for lunch. While this all sounded so amazing, there is no way I could do that. I mean, we never met and truthfully, that is too far away from home.

We met at a great restaurant. Had some drinks, talked and it was really pleasant. Truth is...there was no chemistry there. He's loaded (very successful---funny how I find them now, why couldn't I have married one!) Yet, you can't force something that isn't there.

What did it for me? Reality. The man doesn't have children nor does he want children. While we would just be having an affair, the truth is, my kids are my world. I don't think he would understand the amount of time and energy I put into my children. He's the type of man who wants to be the center of a woman's attention. That is not me.....maybe when I am 50 or 60 and the kids are grown, that will be my attitude. But right now, my kids are my life. So, it would never work.

I gave him a gentle kiss on the cheek and he moved to my lips. He gently reached in and kissed my neck "you are so sexy and beautiful. Thank you for sharing the afternoon with me". I sent him an email today and I explained. I didn't hear back, I was very sweet and I hope he understood. I don't expect to hear back from him.

DigEm, DigEm......how I wish he was closer.....he makes me smile, he's like a rock for me. He gives me the strength I need sometimes when the world is falling apart. He's my pilot light......

Joking yesterday, we were talking about Columbus Day. I asked him if he wanted to explore every inch of me....he wrote back....."Mmmmmm.sexplorers! From the mountain peaks to the lushy valleys and the raging rivers....Mmmmmmmm".

How funny is he. He keeps me laughing and smiling through all my rough times.

After being embarrassed by the husband. I knew I had to take things into my own hands. I called a friend of mine who is an accountant (A childhood friend). We are still friends and he knows me and knows my husband. I never ask for help (you know how I am)...so me asking caused him to run over here. He knew that I was in trouble. He knows my husband and he wants to help me. He took all my paperwork. Bless his soul, he worked on it for hours. Today, we called the taxman...and he took care of everything for me.

And the hubby? He called because he didn't have his presentation printed for his interview (my fault). He called because something happened with his transportation pass....etc. etc. I had to run over and give him money. I have to do this with the kids....why a grown man? I get more and more disgusted everyday.

Well, I am going to call the lawyer tomorrow. Today was already an emotional day.

As for my blog, I probably will still continue to write (I would miss it terribly) but it will take a new spin I guess. The words of a woman going through a separation and divorce. The secret part will be out of it (since I can be public now). But honestly, I would stick with married men for awhile. I don't want a commitment, I just want to enjoy my sexuality with no strings attached.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know we're interested in you the person. So will keep reading. And so many of us have similar stories - and lived to tell them.

Cheri said...

Thanks Rosie!! Appreciate the support....its not happening right away but I am excited about the thought of the change. And yes, isn't it funny how the situations can be so similar just a different name and place!!

Anonymous said...

You know that you have friends who love and care about you very much. Take care, take one step at a time, and don't look back.

Hale McKay said...

Dearest fantasy paramour,

I've missed a lot of your recent posts, but tonight got up to date. Whew. Miss a few of your posts and you're lost.

Whatever and whenever you do that must be done, count me in the number that will be there.

I'll send you an e-mail with a couple of pics and more words of support.

Adam said...

I am here to support you. I am sorry to hear about your coming "separation".
Just be strong and be well.

James said...

Hi,

I've got to get to you better, but in the meanwhile just wanted to say hello.