So what do I look for on Ashley Madison? That is a great question.
Most men do not have their picture so Ashley Madison has a lot to do with personality unlike other dating sites. Let's be realistic here, if I saw a pix on another site and I wasnt into the guy, I wouldn't take the time to read his profile. So Ashley is actually the opposite of most of the other sites. On Ashley Madison, your profile really needs to stand out from the rest. And if you do post your picture for everyone to see, you are insane. I do think that a sexy pix covering your face and blurred (if you have a nice body) is a turn on. But the guys who show me their chests, it really doesn't do it for me. Now if you decide to go the show the chest route...make sure you have a really hot chest.
I've said this before...I do not like the guys who have very explicit user names. Like Iwanturpussy. Or pleaseme. The user name should be fun, generic or interesting but not vulgar. Please me is a man who is selfish. Remember, an affair is a two way street. give and receive. The girls on the site are not just their for your entertainment (that is called a prostitute)..they are looking for pleasure as well.
As for the description, I like honesty to a point. I don't need to know how much you love your wife or that you have wonderful children (leave that part out). I'm not looking to change my marital status or yours is okay to write or you can leave that for when you talk. Honestly, women on the site know that (I would hope and they are there for the same reason probably).
What makes me respond? A well written, a little revealing about your personality, wants, a little vulnerability/honesty, some mystery..ask a question in there makes a person think a little. I also LOVE wit. Now it has to be cute or funny. Humor and smiling pulls the walls down. Oh wait...and upbeat. I don't want to hear about all the things you don't want. I don't want rules in the commentary (you can't be crazy, you can't be this and that). I like upbeat. Think about a tropical island...think about paradise, think about what you consider the perfect escape....
I read through some of the guys that I responded to to see what exactly do I look for in a profile. And there is a combination of intelligence, some detail (they have a personality), no over the top cockiness or on the other side--someone who sounded desperate, some honesty and their profile made me smile. Someone I would want to get to know. Put a little something personal into it. Think about it, a woman is reading 20 profiles a day.
I guess you should think about it as a brochure for a company. What is going to make me want to visit your vacation spot or go to your store. Develop a want in that person...
does that make sense? Just a rambling of things that I look for...I am working on a checklist for my website which I hope to eventually get back up in the near future. I started another one too thats in its infancy about the dating sites. I'll keep you updated. Remember, you asked what do I look for. I don't know if I am like others...hey I can be one very unique person and all these tips are useless. But this is the Cheri's what I look for in a man on Ashley Madison.
Okay, I am off. All of a sudden I have a desire to go surfing on Ashley for some men. My profile has been hopping lately. So many men, so little time....
2 comments:
These are really good pointers for AM. I hate/love the site. I met my first person there about a month ago and it was an unforgettable visit. It's taken me 12 months just to get to that point. Too many guys. Thanks for the advice on helping us stand apart from the other cherries/pits.
I couldn't agree more, Cheri. Finding a lover is like a sales campaign (if you're into business-speak), you really do have to use your profile as a sales brochure, but make sure you don't fall foul of trades description law (i.e. don't tell lies). And I have found humour a fantastic way to get women interested. But, guys, just make sure you can keep it up after the first meeting (the humour, I mean, doh). If you can't, she'll quickly feel cheated and get bored. Oh, and make sure you write individually to everyone. A standard email to all and sundry won't cut it. Pick up on something in her profile and make that a focus of your response - it shows you're interested. As someone else commented, there are so many sad, needy men out there looking for women, you really do have to stand head and shoulders above the crowd to be seen.
Post a Comment