
Nothing exciting today...actually I did an unusual thing....I relaxed. And I just sat around and thought about no men...that's right, no Mr. Government, no Booty Caller and no Chris. And it was great. Mr. G- did text message me just to say hi, he's got a good heart.
Anyway, as you probably know by now, every once in a while I have the urge to write a sappy poem, and last night was one of those nights. So, sorry, no sexual fantasies tonight...its sappy poem night!
Too Close Friends! By Cheri Moore
Emotional walls and actual distance seems to separate us even more,
But everyday I keep longing to see your face at my door,
Yet you seem to be disappearing father in the dark,
Have you forgotten the peace, the connection that day in the park?
The passion is slowly fading and sadly the friendship is too,
Do I pressure, retreat, what do you want me to do?!
I want our connection to flourish and continue to bloom
Yet it seems you are determined our destiny to be doom.
So my love, can't we relax and just enjoy each other and the day,
Some lunch, some laughs and we don't have to even play,
Totally happy, totally carefree, totally into our own little place,
Our eyes and souls will do the talking when we are finally face to face.
Just too close friends discussing all the common things that we share,
Just too close friends enjoying that special connection that is so rare!
I miss us!
4 comments:
Cheri..
You KILL ME with this poem...
Great work!!!
Cheers to better days!!!!
Thanks Tony & Lori! Sometimes it's easier to throw it into a poem form.
Lori, your poems are amazing...I love reading your work!
Thanks Cheri....and your right...sometimes it's easier in poem form!!!!
Have a great day!!!!
Post a Comment