Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Meeting Of The Divorce Attorney

I cried and cried and cried. My eyes are all puffy. But I do feel better. The lawyer said I was doing everything that I possibly could for my situation. The next step, its up to me. Serve him with papers or try to talk it out through mediation. Yes, I would win in a trial BUT in a case like that, you lose even though you win. Emotionally physically and monetarily. No, I don't want that.

He may have an opportunity here to do some sidework that really may pan out for him. We will have to see. Does it change my view? No. It's not the money, although that would help. We are not in love with each other anymore. We both deserve to find happiness. We both are miserable. We both deserve to find some relief. Sadly, I lose in all ways. Monetarily he doesn't have to pay much. He doesn't have to see the kids. He doesn't have to do anything but pay his percentage. Basically, I am like the man in this situation since I am making the money. Only thing, he is capable of working so that's in my favor.

The lawyer looked at me....I showed her what I have done. I told her my plan. Her answer...you are a very smart woman....you are doing exactly what you need to do to take care of your family fairly.

But what was the nicest of all...the outpouring of support today. My friends realized that I was sick that it has come to this. Many women go there with a anger and determination. Not me, I came out of there mentally drained. My phone ringing off the hook after for support. Two guys from my space (an attorney who gave me the lawyers name as well as a few others).

Mr. Porshe called before and then after. Giving his support and special words. He's not a mush...but he does like to be appreciated. He's a soft pussycat underneath that rough exterior. So I said to him....I want to tell you that you gave me the best gift that you could have already for Valentines.....he said what are you talking about? You gave me your friendship....that's all I needed...thank you......and you don't have to respond because I know you don't love mush but thank you for being there for me. You are welcome, very welcome, any time.

So to lighten the mood I said....well I expected you to be here waiting for me to get out with a stiff drink or a stiff cock.....Damn I need something stiff right now! He just started to laugh and we made plans to meet tomorrow......as he said, I need the escape......and I plan on escaping even if it is for just two to three hours.........sadly, I got him nothing for Valentines Day...crap.....he made me promise not to but you know I don't listen.....

Off the the lingerie store I guess in the morning......off to pick up at least some chocolates or something...I can't believe its Valentines Day already......crap....I better think about this so I can get it in the morning....sweet dreams.....I do feel better. Thank you all for your support!

xoxoxoox

1 comment:

scarlett said...

I am glad you are feeling better and a bit of load has been lifted off your chest. It's great to have friends to support you when you feel like your world is falling apart. Have fun on Valentine's Day!
I celebrated mine a bit early "wink"
-scarlett =0)