Wednesday, May 05, 2010

I Gotta Remember I am Single....

I realize now that when you get divorced, you usually just begin dating again. As a woman who has had extramarital affairs...I kind of dated but secretly. So I am having a hard time with this concept that I am able to be out there. I am able to be seen with a man. I don't have to sneak around but old habits die hard. I have to re-learn this single dating thing.

Tonight, I had something for Mr. Security. I was passing near his house so I called him to see if he wanted to meet me and I would give it to him. He said, no come over, we are outside. I have met one of his kids (the youngest) she actually told her mom how I had great boots....uhm...I was then almost pulled into their divorce but luckily he gave me a man's name. For the past 6 months he has been calling me Chuckie. just in case she mentioned me again, everyone would think daddy's friend chuckie was a man. So he picked up the phone and called me chuckie.

When i pulled up, there was all three of his kids, his neighbor, his neighbor's kids, his partner. I was in shell shock. I had always been a secret, he has always been a secret. So when i pulled up the neighbors kids said something like see, i told you, this is chuckie. I was in shock. Now the kids were like you are chuckie?! Oh man, Mr.. Security was dying. I guess his daughter has said I saw daddy's friend chuckie in the supermarket...

You see, his custody was finalized. I guess he has no problem with introducing me to his world. It was so strange. He introduced me to his neighbor and I talked to his partner. I hung out with his kids for a little and we all had ice cream. His son was stand offish. He was the most effected by the wicked witch step mother so I think that any woman that come into his father's life, he is standoffish. He kept looking at me.

Mr. Security was in a better place. He was open and happy and it was as if he was so happy to not have to hide. I hung out with him until it was bedtime for the kids and then I said I am going to leave. He walked me to my car and in front of his kids he hugged and kissed me.

WOW...so is this what a normal male/female single thing is like. Way too funny. It was weird. It was normal. So I don't know what it was but it was nice. i can't wait for someone to come here and I don't have to hide. Wow, it was scary because I wasn't expecting it but it was cool. I was so nervous it was strange. I liked it though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this post - so thoughtful.