Monday, March 17, 2008

Don't Shit Where You Eat....Eliot Spitzer on FigLeaf's Blog

I just finished reading a post by FigLeaf on his Blog regarding my post. It was an interesting take on the Eliot Spitzer saga with some additional views...worth the read if you have been following the scandal. I loved his take on it (thanks for the additional view on it.

One specific thing did stand out for me. It was his comments how he see the Ashley Madison site as anything different than other dating sites....how you can find someone in your local area. And then I thought about it.....why don't I just find someone local? And then I realized its the old "you don't shit where you eat" concept!

A local bar would bring me single people. A person who I met during the day is somehow connected to my life (whether its personal or business). And quite frankly I don't want that connection. So I go to Ashley. A kind of online married bar to meet people already pondering to have an affair. Something about a playground for people like me, who feel like I do....is quite enticing. I admit it, three years ago, I would have been in disgust at such a site. Talk about a total turn around. I guess that's what a deep void can do to ya....

No comments: