Friday, April 04, 2008

Big Day.....Career Wise

Well today is the day, I think. For over a year, I should have gone to my boss and re-adjust my salary. You see, I was hired to do one thing and then took on a whole separate job. I have done a great job but unforunately the industry has really gotten competitive. Much more competitive than when I first started. so we are holding our own but my boss may not take that into consideration.

I know he isn't going to be able to pay me more so I am asking for a reduction in hours at the rate. Giving me the opportunity to take on more clients (or at least stop working to all ungodly hours as I keep adding on more and more). Is it unreasonable? I am petrified. If he says no..let's just cut your hours, no raise. I am screwed big time. Angers me more and more that because of my husbands situation, I certainly have less confidence in what I deserve because of what I need.

Well, its got to be done. I can't expect to take care of my family if I can't afford to support myself. I need to work backwards....what do I need to survive? First, I need my boss to agree to a 3 day work week. Then I need to go the the other boss I freelance for and have him to agree to re-adjust my hours and pay. He will be tougher..but I do so much more for him.

So wish me luck. He either agrees (he may try to negotiate 4 days) or he can say...cutting your hours is a good idea and I am not giving you a 70% raise...lol Geez.....

7 comments:

Lion said...

I don't suppose you could tell your bosses that you have millions of adoring fans who need you to have more time for this blog and the "experiences" that provide its content?

Can we call him to beg?

Lion said...

Dear Cheri's Bosses:

Please, please, please give Cheri more money and fewer work hours. The future of many "thinking man's men" in this country depend on it!

I don't want to divulge too much of Cheri's personal life, but is God's gift to men. A thinking, caring, incredibly sexy and giving woman is hard to find... no, impossible these days. And she has not only brought true carnal happiness to the men in her life, but been generous enough to detail her exploits in a blog that many of us need more than oxygen on any given day.

Find it in your heart to grant her requests, or the frustration factor in your area and nationwide will rise 534%.

Sincerely,

Every Man Alive

Riff Dog said...

Good luck, Cheri. These things can surprise you and I wouldn't be surprised if he agrees to your idea.

scarlett said...

I understand where you are coming from, when you are the only one bringing home the "bacon".

It's not fair to you to be put in this position and you have to do what is best. Good luck!
-scarlett =0)

Cheri said...

Hey Lion! You are sooo damn funny! oh man, I am still laughing from note the note! xoxo

Hey Strat--you are right on the money...he did surprise me

Hey Scarlett-Thanks darlin! Yeah, its not fair but what are you going to do.....right?

Hale McKay said...

Cheri,

A couple of posts back you were looking for the dates you and Mystery Man met and when you did it the first time.

Post: Tues 4/17 you agreed to meet at Starbucks in e-mail

Post: Thur 4/19 he said he new a place down the road from Starbucks to get together

Post: Fri 4/20 Met at Starbucks and went to motel - and did it!

Post: #1- Wed 4/25 The first post where you use the name "Mystery Man" and in this post you said you got together the day before 4/24

Post: #2- Wed 4/25 You got together again!

So there you go - your anniversary for meeting and fucking for the first time is 4/20.

Cheri said...

YEAH!!!!! Woo Hoo....Thanks Hale my little research man...Ip knew I could count on you!! So the big day is 4/20.....wow....can you believe I don't know how to read my own past posts! Fuck, the 20th is on a Sunday!! Damn..oh well, we will have to meet on the Friday before....

xxoxoxooxoxoox you always come to my rescue baby!!