Tuesday, August 12, 2008

When Life is A Rollercoaster--Take it for A ride!


Today, I did something I haven't done in years. I had to travel and pick up one of my kids 3 hours away. The ride did me good...it gave me time to think. Actually, I blasted the music they whole way...a great feweling with the sunroof open and the windows and my hair blowing in the wind.

He happened to be in the town where Soulmate Chris lives. Yes, my first true connection in this crazy world I live in. the first man who held me with such passion and kissed me like I don't ever remember being kissed. My podcast buddy, the man who literally saved me when I was desperate and alone. We haven't spoken in over a year. Today I called. I dialed and he picked up and honestly there was silence when he heard it was me. I could feel the pit open in his stomach and his heart skip a beat. The first 3 seconds were awkward and then we started to talk for about a 1/2 hour. It felt good. He asked about me, I just filled him in about the divorce announcement. He was happy for me that I sounded so together.

He had gotten caught...sadly after he had given the affairs up. And honestly, he's back on track and so is his marriage. I told him how happy I was for him and truly glad my friend was doing so well. We chatted about podcasts and life and us. He told me he would have met me but he was going to a theme park with his kids. Funny, I was thinking about doing that with my son too today since I was only 15 minutes away. I decided not to tell him. We probably wouldn't see each other so why stress him out. As we were hanging up....so happy that I called....."I miss you buddy....keep in touch. Call once in awhile to just touch base." I miss you too and I will he said. It was warm, it was nice and I am so glad he was a part of my life. Funny how someone can be with you for a year and you talk 2o times a day...and now....its warm fuzzy memories.

So now I went to the theme park with my son and we had an amazing time. I don't get to spend quality time with him but today we did. It was Rollercoaster Day. Yes, we went on 6-7 rollercoasters. What a rush!! That feeling of escape....of screaming and laughing and enjoying the speed and the flips.....I love rollercoasters! One after another after another....it was insane. My son actually gave up before I did.

We ate crap all day. We laughed, we talked....and we went on some wild rides. A perfect day!! I do think Soulmate Chris saw me at the park..because at one point my phone rang 5 times.....private...and the person didn't leave a message. I checked it so if he was watching me, he would have seen me checking. I probably was blowing his mind that I was there. But quite frankly, I didn't care.

No comments: