Thursday, June 08, 2006

Childhood Bad Girl Friends and Dysfunctional Frogs

Nothing is like an old friend. Today I played hooky and hung out with my best friend since first grade. I felt like a little girl giggling and just catching up. Our conversations may have changed but are friendship is one that you know will last forever. She doesn't live close--so I can't get enough of the time we do get to spend together.

Today for lunch we went to the new "IN" place in my area. All the beautiful people with the fancy cars were there....oh boy--there was some fine eye candy (for both men and women). As we were eating, I noticed this hot man at the bar. Our eyes met a few times during the lunch but honestly, I was more interested in talking with my best friend.

Of course, after our second glass of wine--I mentioned to her that there were these two cuties at the bar. They were doing some wine tastings. When I went to the bathroom, I came back and she was gone. Well I know her for years and years and years...and I had no problem knowing exactly where she was. I walked over to the bar.

My girlfriend is a great flirt. She is very bold in introduction. She wasn't always like that. She will tell you growing up that she was the ugliest, the most unpopular in our group (but I don't agree). But she has a boldness that I never possessed. Her thoughts are "you were always the pretty and popular one--you waited for them to come to you". I think I am just shy.

Well, needless to say...the gentleman was from a winery and the other gentleman was the owner. We became part of their wine tasting. What a hysterical afternoon. Just sitting there, tasting some of the finest wines of California and just chatting with two hot men (and with my childhood friend). Man, I can't think of anything better. Nothing happened...oh yes, we flirted, oh yes they know where I work and other things about us--but it was just fun flirting that for married people were enjoying yet knowing their bounds.

WE sat in my car for another half hour to sober up before driving and just giggled and remincsed. Oh, what great times we had. AAh! How she won't let me live down the Most Eager To Please vote I got or some other funky stuff.

It's funny how everyone always thought that I would have a life like hers. I was goal oriented organized, always dating successful guys and into the charity thing.....funny how life takes its turns. Don't get me wrong--I am soooo happy that she has that life with a great husband who she adores and is her best friend. It's just ironic how life takes its turns.

Well we parted and its never enough time. I was left with a severed headache from all the wines I mixed. But it was a fun day.

In the dysfunctional frog area, it has been a very strange few days. Let's just say--I am being so baited these days. Mr. Government--I told him he needs a girl to just fuck and run and I'm not it. Of course, pushing him away, made him return more (very frustrating). I got a response from Chris to my closure letter. And I can't even go into that email tonight.

And then there is Mr. Heart. I am really starting to like this guy. He calls, he leaves me little messages, he makes me smile. He isn't afraid that I am going to get close to him. He isn't afraid that I may LIKE him a little. He doesn't feel he needs to put a wall up, constantly set boundaries. And you know, I feel good about it. When I don't feel like someone is pushing me away, I don't feel I have to get closer. Security? Don't know exactly what it is BUT I do know...its peace. its normalcy and I really like it. A change from the other lying dysfunctional frogs....I hope it remains like this. He certainly has potential.


Sweet Dreams!

3 comments:

Desireous said...

There is nothing quite like a day spent with your best girl-friend. Sounds like you two had a blast!

hugs
Des

Hale McKay said...

It sounds like you had some much needed fun and laughs with your best friend. You needed it.
...Have a good weekend and pleasant wet dreams.

Cheri said...

Hey Stretch--I know close, close, close. Chris is closed and I'm working on Mr. Government..just can't get that door to lock!!

Des-Absolutely...a good girlfriend is worth 20 frogs in a bag!!

Hale--ah yes. I actually had a great time with her. Nothing is like a childhood friend