I have never been a big birthday fan...mainly because I am a big birthday fan and when the day comes, it doesn't seem special. I don't know, I usually go out of my way to make the people around me feel super special on their day. Well, today is my birthday. But this year, it is different...I got tons of emails this morning from friends wishing me a happy birthday. And of course, my parents, first thing...wished me a happy birthday...
What sucks is that I had he worse stomache virus yesterday so I am keeping my distance from people...I mean this thing was brutal..I still have the knots twisting but I feel a million times better.
But I have to tell you....Mr. Porsche truly stepped up to the plate today. At 12:35AM an email came through....which made me realize that materialistic things are so non fulfilling but a note from the heart that says "you are appreciated" is priceless...
So I hesitate to share it..because that was one of the reasons MM left me. He was flipped that I incorporated his emails into my blog. He said it was private..and I put it in my blog so I would have it for years to come. You can't print these things, you can only keep them somewhere and my blog has been my hidden journal.
I will share with you the excerpts later..because it was very special...and no matter what...this is going to be a real special day...because he made it that way.
Of course, in the back of my mind, I am hoping MM remembers and says Happy Birthday. I know it shouldn't matter but it does.
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Cheri. We have something in common, the same Birthday! I'm the same way, I like to make everyone's Birthday special, but mine? No big deal. Hope yours is as special as you make everyone's.
Happy Birthday Cheri ! I hope you do have a special day, you deserve it !
Happy Birthday! All the best.
Hope you had a happy birthday!
Cheri, you know that if you visit WryGuy's blog (he's the first comment above,) he has a special birthday present for you. ;) (I don't know how long it will be up, though.)
Happy birthday, baby girl. I agree completely about a heartfelt note being so much better than any material gift.
Glad you had a Happy Day. Here's one more happy, happy being sent your way.
Why happy birthday, m'dear. There seems to be a lot of that going around lately. Let's hope MM sends something--if only a greeting.
Thank you all!!! I sooo appreciate it!! I had a quiet but good birthday!!
Post a Comment