Saturday, April 15, 2006

Egg On My Face--

Wow! I feel like a fool. And what better than arond Easter to be left with egg on my face. I told you Mr. Government bit. Well he nibbled and then went away. He decided not to pursue my fictitous listing. He logged on and totally ignored my request for a pix and to hear more about him.

It wasn't the post (it was exactly up his alley). It wasn't anything I said (because we didn't even get that far). So, he just chose so far not to respond. Very interesting. Could he be telling the truth? could he really be guilty and not into having an affair and just goes to Ashley to look to see what he is missing? Sounds like torture to me.

Well, he sent me a note wishing me a happy holiday (me, Cheri not the fictitious person) and he said that he was thinking about me. Tonight again, he emailed and asked me if I met anyone yet. This time I said there was some prospects that I was pursuing.

In reality, it doesn't matter. I feel better that he didn't bite and that he may be telling me the truth. It doesn't really change anything between us but it does make me feel better. Not like a fool. But of course I do feel like an idiot trying to catch him. I left the profile up. He still may bite but at least he didn't respond the first day.

Interestingly, I did go through some of the personals (oh you knew I had too). And I met a cute guy. He has no name yet, I don't know too much about him. But, now the dilemna....its under the fictious name. I shouldn't have responded to him under that name--I made a mistake. So I am going to have to either come clean (which he will think I am a psychotic) or I am going to have to lose 20 pounds before we meet and grow another 3 inches.


Sadly, I am a little bummed tonight. Found out that song was not for me on Chris' podcast. It was for another special friend. A groupie of his podcast. Hmmm...reality came pouring in. We had a good conversation but it wasn't the Chris that I used to connect with. Sadly our friendship has spiraled to a finish. He has new special friends to play with and I am not apart of his life anymore. Just finished my podcast. You know me, the drama queen, I had to include two songs that were for closure I guess. A friendship is a two way street and lately I have been going down it alone with him. He doesn't want to go down it and I have finally accepted it.

Okay, gotta go.....gotta start hanging from the door to stretch myself those few inches!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Sorry about Chris!!!

Maybe you should just send that guy a message from your real ID on there.....and start over......That's better than hanging on doors....hmmmmm I guess that could be alittle fun...LOL

Have a great day girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about both of them, sweetie. I wonder if Mr. G actually reads this blog, and has been playing YOU all this time?

Just my paranoia kicking in . . . have a great day.

XO

scarlett said...

Sorry to hear about Chris and Mista G.

Maybe you can wear 3 inch heels? LOL

Take care sexy ;)

Anonymous said...

Cheri,

If you and the guy have good email, and then good telephone conversations, you don't need to lose 20 lbs or grow 3 inches. He will love you just the same.

Plus there are plenty of folks on A-M who fudged by 5 lbs in their profile, then gained another 5. You are worse, but just a little worse!

For the time being, just adjust your profile by a few pounds each week.

- Marathoner55, Chicago

Cheri said...

Thank you all for your warm comments....

Chris does hurt me the most. MY heart hurts a little when I realize our friendship is gone.