Wednesday, April 19, 2006

What a real crappy end to a day

Funny how in a 1/2 hour........so many things can just go wrong. I was having a great day. Met Mr. Six Pack for a surprise lunch (which was okay), spoke with the NEW possibility from Ashley (the heart surgeon--yes he is really a heart surgeon) and then I proceeded home. Isn't it funny how I find these men with different types of occupations?? Jokingly, I heard his beeper go off and he said he didn't have to get it. I made a response like..well it's not like your a brain surgeon that you have to immediately answer and he said..no I actually do heart surgery. I just started laughing so hard. I was only joking.

Anyway, back to the day. Within a 1/2 hour life totally changed after that. I found out, the motorcycle guy died. Tears came to my eyes. How sad is that. I am truly upset that I saw the whole thing and now I know that he died. Then, I go home to find out that the taxes are due (my husband forgot to tell me) and that while I am trying to work--he is suppose to be watching the kids this week. He left my little one totally unsupervised. He left the house, left her watching tv and didn't bother to tell the babysitter for my other child (who was outside) that she was upstairs. Now do you see why I can't stand the man??!!

And the topper, a letter came in the mail from the Department of Health. My daughter whose immune system is already compromised--was exposed the Tuberculosis (TB). I scheduled an appointment for her to be tested immediately and then again in 3 weeks.

Yes, this all happened within a 1/2 hour. First, I want to throw my husband out of the house. I seriously would if I could pay the mortgage...but since I can't--I am going to throw the covers over my head, grab some raspberry vodka and pink lemonade mix.....and just stay there until life improves.

So, sadly I want to dedicate this post to the motorcycle man. "I didn't know you but you certainly have made a huge impression on me. I want you to know that my you did not die alone there. My heart was with you, I was there with you. I'm sorry that I couldn't do more. May you rest in peace."

5 comments:

Desireous said...

Sorry about your crappy day and the sad event of the motorcycle guy! Your daughter will be in my prayers. I can only imagine how scared you must be for her! So sorry to hear this.

Hugs
Des

Lori said...

Did you say crabby day???....Ohh nevermind!!!

Cheers to better days!!!

Anonymous said...

Very sorry to hear about all this, sweetie . . . too much at once. Please post as soon as you have news about your daughter --- you've got a lot of people thinking about you both.

XO

scarlett said...

I'm sorry to hear this. A friend's aunt died yesterday and they are having a mass today, so I will be thinking of you and your daughter in my prayers.

Hang in there sweetie.

Cheri said...

Thanks Des--I really appreciate it. Keep praying, I have another 2 months till the drama is over with the testing.

Sasha-There were actually two that night in my area. I am hoping now that maybe my motorcycler walked away. The other guy definitely died. They are dangerous

Lori--hee.hee....it was both crappy and I was quite crabby!!!!

Jim- Thanks dear!! I appreciate the sentiments. I will keep you updated. XOXO

Hey Stretch--Ah, I think I will pass on those guys advice. I'm sure one would try to convince me that if I sucked their cock, it would all be better!!!

Scarlett-Thanks sweetie. I really appreciate the prayers. Now I will pray that they work!!

SPG--You are out of hiding!!! I'm glad you are back. Yes, I am a huge believer that things happen for a reason. And some times they are horrible and you don't understand why and in the future you may understand the lesson (but I believe there must be other ways to prove a lesson than with death and sickness.)