Friday, August 21, 2009

Our Furniture Is not Good enough

When you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth...its hard to get that taste out I guess. I was born with no silver spoon, a working, blue collar, middle class family where I was taught you work hard for everything. There is no free ride, you work for what you want. Keep trying and you will get it.

Hubby has never had that attitude. He has always thought that I should work hard for all we have while he mooshes!

He is complaining that he can't afford to buy furniture. Take some of ours, I said. Take the bedroom set, take a couch, take an end table....his response, NAH, I WANT NEW. Hmm..I have damn wanted new for years! And then he proceeds to say that "you will manage fine, you have two jobs and you will just have to freelance for another job and you will be able to pay the bills." Interesting concept....I can have three to four jobs and that is okay and he can work less than 40 hours a week and I should feel bad for him!?!?!?! Did he think maybe to get another job or maybe to support his family or maybe to stand on his own damn feet!!

A moment of anger filled me and then I thought--see, this is just one reason and a confirmation on why you need to get the hell out of this marriage. It's not a marriage, a marriage is when two people support each other through the good and the bad. Each will have their time to be on both sides. In this marriage, I have been the one supporting and supporting.

Part of me is saying screw the health insurance and go for the damn divorce now!

This morning, I felt the need to tell the guy that my girlfriend has been trying to fix me up with that I was getting a divorce. He is married and why bother to even meet him if he is going to freak that I am divorcing. And so I told him. To my surprise he responded with ...I am happy for you. Your marriage has sucked and you have found the strength to leave. Wow...I wasn't expecting that. So I continued, and what about me not being married now (the old leprosy feeling). And he responded.."you have a great attitude, you've thought this through and I know you aren't looking for a husband. you are an independent lady. If you can accept my situation, I am not at all threatened by yours." Yup this man got some brownie points. So far, the frogs that have been with me have not hopped away. In fact, each one has offered to be the first in my bed when the hubby is out. Now that is going to be fun!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It should be fun indeed !!

Cala Gray said...

Smart man!! Divorce does NOT mean desperate! Shesh