Thursday, July 06, 2006

Are we six years old? A midnight brawl



What a bizarre night in my home last night. I think my hubby is losing it. Really. In fact, I really think that he is getting a little scary.

Last night, we acted like we were 6 years old. Knowing very well when I get into bed (and its late), I really need my space. Especially after a day with the kids testing me and pulling on me all day. He knew it was one of those days--and as soon as I got into bed. He started touching me with his foot to annoy me.

I swear it was like a torture! Everytime I was about to doze...he would take his foot and touch me. "Can you stop, I am so tired. I have to get up." And he did it again. So now I know he is just trying to be an ass. This is the second night he started this shit. "Stop I am tired. I have to get up early." And he did it again. Well now I exploded "Enough already. Leave me alone".

"You are being so mean to me. For the last six months. Why?" Okay, its 1AM and he is asking WHY???? Everyday during the day, we discuss why!! Hmmmm.....I could go on for about six hours why. Let's see, you don't have a job to support your family, you fight with the kids and cause havoc in the house, you are home all day and don't clean up after yourself, you keep taking my money card out of my wallet. You have the balls to criticize me and leave me a list of things you need done, and the list I leave you is still sitting on the table. Should I continue? The list is sadly endless these days.

So now, he jumps out of bed. For the second night in a row, he starts doing the ab lounger. The thing sounds like it is going to break and squeaking away. He knows I can't fall asleep with that. And he keeps going. Just trying to boil my blood. However, tonight, I am so exhausted, I pass out during his spitefulness. I'd like to point out, he has never been on that ab lounger before!!

He gets back into bed and then starts to bang his foot on the bed. Waiting till I would fall asleep. It was like torture. AT 3:30AM (the bewitching hour for me), I find myself up. Now I can't fall back to sleep. I am furious. So of course, I do the mature thing. Now he is dozing, I am watching tv so I keep hitting his pillow with the channel changer and talking to him. Everytime he would doze, I would bang the bed, him or his pillow with the channel changer.

This mature behavior continued to 4:30AM. This morning.....SILENCE. Oh, if I attempt to talk to him, I will explode. What scares me is that we are starting to move to a vicious level. He is starting to want to piss me off and he is acting irrational. Not a good thing. Actually, the good news. He is going away for the weekend. I am looking forward to some peace. I will have two of the kids (but help with them). So hopefully I will be able to sneak some me time.

But can you believe what went on here? It was as if he wants me to lose my job. Hello??? What is scheduled for tonight? A Food Fight? Wrestlemania? Chinese Water Torture? Putting our hands in water as the other one sleep so we will pee in the bed??
Have a great day! Surprisingly, I am tired but in a good mood.

6 comments:

Speakin' My Mind said...

Sounds like Starbucks will have an increase in sales today...

Green Eyes said...

OMG, I would have kicked his ass! Of all the things that really piss me off, messing with me while I'm sleeping, to be an ass, not to play *wink, is the worst!

Thanks for the comment today! Hope you have peace this weekend!

scarlett said...

Sounds like a scene from "War Of the Roses."

Yawn..I didn't get much sleep last night either and I'm in a pretty good mood. ;)

Anonymous said...

Are you sure we aren't married to the same man?

-from the blogger formerly known as mrs d

Cheri said...

Hey Speakin--but that stock!! It's a cheating playground!

Green Eyes--Thanks...yes, I cherish my sleep and I already told him to go upstairs and do the AB Lounger to hopefully avoid another night like last night. Have a great weekend. Is Florida this weekend?

Hey Scarlett--okay, I'm heading over to see what you were doing (or who) last night. Bet you are in a good mood! lol

Mad Queen Bess-new name!!! It blows my mind how he could act so childish (ok, I started being spiteful too BUT only after provoked)!

Hale McKay said...

I was thinking - whoa! This post isn't what I thought it was going to be...I was getting excited to see what sensual thoughts you had a bout Tootsie Rolls - then I realized it was "Footsie Rolls!

You set me up for a let down, girl.