Sunday, July 09, 2006

Peace and Tranquility Within...Finally



Most days my life is in total disarray. Pressure. Anxiety. Fighting. I am never living in the minute but always planning ahead. But today, it wasn't like that. Today, I was at peace. Today, I walked around in the day. I noticed the beautiful flowers, I noticed the people around me, I actually took the time to stop and talk to a friend I haven't seen in so long. Not thinking about the hundreds of things I had to do.

There was balance in my life. Things felt good. I felt fulfilled. The reasons? It was a great weekend. Fewer kids, I literally spent time quality time with the kids that were home. My hubby was away and the house was relaxed. I also had a really nice surprise. A call and then a meeting with Mr. Government. Our meeting was different this time. We were relaxed with each other. Relaxed, joking and we got to hang for a little bit (usually we are both running in different directions---this time--we were no where else but together).

So Cheri is at peace tonight. So you must be saying....that's great. But no juicy details?! Not tonight, sorry. I want to keep enjoying this night of being in the present. I want to enjoy that gaping hole that usually exists--actually not being there.

Reality....its not going to last more than a few more hours. The pressure of the week is already lurking its ugly head. So, I am off...with a glass of wine, my Sudoku book to watch the sunset outside. Details will follow tomorrow!
Sweet Wet Dreams!

5 comments:

Hale McKay said...

Sometimes details aren't really as revealing as a sigh of contentment.

Anonymous said...

Such a moment of well-earned peace. And you needed it so. It's wonderful that you cherish it so.

scarlett said...

Nice to have those "moment of silence" and focus on YOU.

Percy said...

Be where you are...Just be in the moment..

RobbieG said...

Enjoy the rest while you have it. Glad you had some.