The Podcast Premiere Is Finally Up!Today is an amazing day! Yes, I finally, finally finished the promo for the Rendezvous Radio podcast! I has a real tough time getting it to the final stage to get it up online. And Chris heard the first promo I did and he ripped it apart. He is so picky BUT he was right in everything he said. I had felt the same way but couldn't exactly put my finger on it. Of course, in ten seconds he figured it out. I guess I was just too close to it. And, I recorded the same promo over and over for 35 takes. Ugh!
So, it's finally, finally ready. Not perfect but I just wanted to get something up so we could start working on the first podcast. Now a lot of you emailed me that you didn't know what a podcast was. So, let me give a Readers Digest version--
You can listen to it at: http://feeds.feedburner.com/RendezvousRadio or click the title above!
It's just broadcasting on the web. Basically you do a show and then you broadcast it. You load it up to the internet on different podcast directories (iTunes, podcast alley, Indie podder) and other people listen to it. They subscribe and everytime you do a new one it automatically goes into their file and uploads.
So what's so cool about podcasting? Well, it's just like blogging except its audio. People find the strangest things to do a podcast on and different people listen to it. So you can find a podcast on everything! The most famous ones are Daily Source Code (with Adam Curry-father of podcasting), The Dawn and Drew Show, Soccer Girl, Geek Central...there are thousands of them on every subject.
So you load it down to your ipod, mp3 or on your computer and you listen to it when ever you want to. So its like the radio but you choose the topics and shows you want to listen to and when you want to listen to it.
If you are interested, just go to iTunes and look at the podcasts. You can load shows down from there. Or can do a search on the Internet and find different podcasts. If you don't want to use iTunes, there are these things called aggregators that basically "house" you selections. It's very cool and like blogging you get addicted to it!
So, we are up and running. Let me know what you think!! Click on the link above and it will take you to the Rendezvous Radio feeder page. There you can push the listen button and hear the promo.
Now don't judge me! I have a horrible sinus infection so I sound like shit. But I just wanted to get something up! Yeah!!
Today is Chris' Birthday! He's at a resort with his wife. How sweet! (okay maybe a tinge of jealousy) but honestly I am happy for him and hope he has a great birthday. He deserves it. I hope his wife really makes him happy tonight and that I do mean sincerely. He is just a great person and it kills me how she doesn't appreciate what a great guy she has. I mean he does everything for her. Anyway, that's Chris business...I'm sure he will mention it during the podcast.
So listen!!! I swear when I finished it, it almost felt has good as sex! Okay, a month ago I would have said it was better than sex but Mr. G- changed that!!
1 comment:
That is so great Cheri....I know it feels great to accomplish something like this!!!
Have a great day!!!
Post a Comment