Monday, October 24, 2005

5 Year Plan- (3 Years + Left)


Maybe it's just me but the thought of being in this marriage for eternity is just too overwhelming sometimes. I decided two years ago that I was going to go on a five year plan. Since our life was so entwined, there was no way I could get a divorce now. So I would work towards it. Slowly unraveling the complications so by the time 5 years came around--it was either divorce or if I wanted to stay married, I would treat myself to some plastic surgery and a trip! Either way, it was a win, win situation. Unfortunately, tonight my three year plan was just pushed back at least one year. We were re-financing and my credit is much better than his. So for the rate purposes, the note went into my name. So now I owe the money and the bastard still owns 1/2 the house. I was sitting there trying to get the title now all in my name...everyone at the table knew what I was doing...they all saw where it was going (except for the hubby) so I had to back down before he caught on. He knew I was pissed because of something else that was included in the deal and he knew about it-----"he didn't lie, he just conveniently forgot to tell me".
So as I was driving home, cursing at him and telling him this was the last straw (about the thing he forgot to tell me--I dropped the note thing because he might catch on) it hit me------all my life the biggest disappointments that I've had have been because men have conveniently forgot to tell me things. The child molester was known for that,my husband and now Chris. So, when Chris told me something that shouldn't have been a friendship breaker....it was the fact that he had fallen into that category...."a conveniently forgot to tell". Something I never expected from him.
Anyway, so now my 5 year plan has gotten more complicated instead of easier. But I have decided that I am taking full control over everything now so that will be a minor setback only. Ironically, if I decided to get divorced, I don't think I would remarry. I think I would want to be single, do whatever I wanted when I wanted. But only time will tell.
I met Mr. Government today for coffee. He insisted that he really wanted to see me. So we met again for coffee and just hung out and talked. It was very nice. He's a real sweet guy. I do want to clarify something here....I have a counter on my blog and it shows me the different states people come from...and countries! I am amazed how many of you are from just across the country and even in other countries. (Don't worry it doesn't give me your emails or any personal information). But if you show up from a huge company, it will show the name of the server..(has only happened twice so far). My point, someone from the US Government checked out my site today. Now, I just want to promise that Mr. Government is not a threat to our national security and even if we consummate our relationship, no national secrets will be compromised....and it is not Bill Clinton. (Whew! I got a little nervous when I saw the US Government).

1 comment:

Sandman said...

Once I finally get out it's hard to say whether I'd ever get remarried. I don't know if one needs a piece of paper and a ceremony to love another person or live with them.