Went to a dinner party tonight with 10 neighborhood couples. Funny how you look at things differently when you are seriously contemplating an affair. The men go watch sports, the woman chat in the kitchen over some wine. Caught up on some neighborhood gossip. Who is supposedly doing who, who is getting divorced and who had their boobs and tummy tucks done. Don't forget the kids sports gossip. Ironically, the one woman who had the biggest opinion on the matter, is the one whose husband is doing his secretary and has hit on almost everyone in the room.
I sat very quietly and just listened. My girlfriend (and partner in crime) just shot me a look every once in awhile. The subject of sex of course came up. Conclusion, everyone was rarely doing it. Boredom, tired, too busy, not worth the time were basically the reasons. Big mouth was the only one who was having sex on a regular basis and it was still wonderful (if she only knew where her husband's cock was, she would die). I so wanted to tell her ,as did every other woman in that room. She ranted how horrible it is for a woman to even think of another man and went on and on about marriage vows. Finally I asked her...don't you ever wonder what another mans lips feel like after all these years? Of course, she said absolutely not! BUT, everyone else in the room agreed with me. My girlfriend choked on her wine...I couldn't help it. I was wondering if I had been the only one. Well, the conversation continued to the missing spark (which I sat back quietly and just sipped my wine) and well, I'm convinced another one of my friends is having an affair. It was the look she gave me. This underlying connection that just said it. I could see that spark in her eye, that grin on her face..it is a cheaters grin, it was those Lyin' Eyes. I went over to her later as we both were cleaning up the table and asked her, so do I know him? "No, I wouldn't do any of the guys in this neighborhood!" We just both laughed! I'm glad she didn't ask me...honestly, I would have lied and felt bad. But her secret is safe with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment