Thursday, October 27, 2005

Celebrate our Anniversary?!?!


Crazy weekend so my posts will be very few. First, I am having lunch today with Booty Caller. Didn't have to make the decision (whew!) because Mr. Government had some government thing that he had to do and he won't be available till after 4PM (too late for me). So that actually works out. He wanted to get together tomorrow but, well, I may be a cheater but my Anniversary is coming up and well, that just doesn't sit well with me. Jokingly, Booty Caller said he is taking me out today for an Anniversary Lunch (warped but it was funny).
So the Anniversary! I can honestly say that this one is the first time that I am totally not looking forward to it. How do you celebrate a joining of love that is really not a joining anymore. I do care about him (although we are in a real bad funk right now) but to celebrate our marriage is just well a farce right now. And, well I am kind of setting him up. I'm not going to mention it. Not a word and I bet that he forgets. Unforunately, I know my parents, friends and family--they will come to his rescue and remind him because they want me to be happy. Guaranteed his sister calls today to remind him (hey--she's not stupid--we get separated and where do you think his first stop would be--her guest bedroom). My parents who know something is up with me. Not this cheating of course but my dad had said that he can feel my distance. He's worried about me. (I admit it I'm daddy's little girl. I love my dad so much, he would do anything in the world for me). and my friends--well, they are great friends and they would do it just to make sure he gets his ass to the jewelry store and picks me up a nice piece of jewelry and flowers. Flowers are my weakness!(I love jewelry too) but for me flowers show a caring. I love exotic flowers, simple flowers, huge flowers, little flowers. I love flowers! At least once a month, I fill the vases in my house with fresh flowers (the smell is almost intoxicating but they just make me smile and feel alive). So back to the Anniversary....he's going to forget, I'm not going to mention it but I do hope in a bizarre way that someone does remind him without me knowing. At least then, it won't be another nail in our marriage coffin! Then of course, there is the Anniversary Sex. It's been pretty quiet in our bedroom because I can't do a man that I'm angr with. But if he remembers, there will be sex. Funny, no matter how many problems we may have, he still walks around with a hard on for me. If I just smile at him, the man gets hard. When things were good with us, we could screw twice a day. Always in different rooms of the house in different positions. While the positions are still there, Hey variety is the spice of life, the frequency has drastically declined (my choice).

Okay, time to get ready for work and do the mommy thing now. But honestly, do I sound like I am being a total bitch? You can tell me....is it horrible not to remind him?

3 comments:

Lori said...

It only comes around once a year....they should be able to remember it...without you telling them....Hubby didn't remember my BD this year...I posted about it...the day before...saying it was going to be my birthday and I wondered if he would remember or not....His excuse....Was he didn't realize it was the 6th of Aug!!!....Men!!!

Anonymous said...

Definitely don't tell him Cheri. He should be able to remember. Good luck and good luck with whoever you choose as your lover. If I'm following it correctly, its Booty Caller, Mr. Government but Chris is the one you seem to care about the most. Is that right?

Cheri said...

Thanks Lori & Anonymous....it amazes me how they don't remember. Sorry about your birthday, that stinks. I think men and women are just wired differently (as we discussed the two head concept--lol)